Friday, November 19, 2010

Comfort Food

Taylor took the day off of work today.  Grady and I have enjoyed having him around.  Since I work weekends, Taylor and I don't get to spend that much time together.  It is nice having him around today.  

We started the day off with some wonderful Oatmeal Griddle Cakes (pancakes made with leftover oatmeal)  They were delicious!  After Grady's morning nap we went to lunch at Michie Tavern.  

Michie Tavern is located about half a mile from Thomas Jefferson's Monticello.  It has been around since 1784, accommodating travelers with food, drink, and lodging.  Today, they have tours, a restaurant and a general store.  The entire staff is dressed in 18th century clothing.  The restaurant serves delicious comfort food.  Fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, stewed tomatoes, black eyed peas, and biscuits.  Taylor has been eating super healthy lately after his doctor told him he had high cholesterol, so today was sort of a splurge for him.  He enjoyed every forbidden bite.  Grady had some biscuits, stewed tomatoes (which were really sweet and he loved them), and a few bites of vanilla ice cream for dessert. 

After lunch we drove up to Carter Mountain Apple Orchard.  Grady fell asleep on the way up so we just circled the parking lot and drove home.  I guess his full belly made him tired.  

Now we are back home, relaxing.


It's been an adventurous day for the little one.

1 comment:

  1. Good to see his legs grew back. You had me worried! Grandmom

    ReplyDelete