Monday, October 10, 2011

Tempers over Thomas

One of Grady's favorite things at museums, barnes and noble, or anywhere else that has it, is the Thomas train table.  On his last visit to see his grandparents, Cat Cat got him a little Thomas set of his own.  I thought this would provide him with endless hours of entertainment and joy.  Instead, it provided endless hours of whining and a resulting headache.


For some reason, this train set is very frustrating.  Maybe it's because the trains sometimes fall off the track? or maybe it's the magnets on the trains, if you don't face them the right way, they don't stick together.  Eventually, Grady ends up tearing the track apart, then driving his trains on the legs of the dining room table. (I actually used to do the same thing, on the same table, with matchbox cars when I was little)


Cat Cat suggested we securing the track to something.  You know what? That helped a lot!  He still gets frustrated from time to time, but for the most part, he plays happily with his trains.


Lucky for Grady, there was a local train store closing down this past week and everything was 30% off.  Santa might have purchased him a few Thomas presents from there.


2 comments:

  1. Trains are big here, always. Our Toys R Us now has a train table in the center of it - I don't think it's been there long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE might need a list of what Santa is bringing so there will be no duplicates :-)

    ReplyDelete