Grady loves to read. Every day before nap time and bedtime he gets to read three stories. I'm pretty sure it's his favorite time of day. He's old enough now that he is able to pick out which three books he wants to read. Sometimes we'll go a week reading the same three, but most of the time he picks a variety.
As soon as he wakes up from his afternoon nap, he requests a book to look at. I'll hand him the book he asks for and he sits down to flip through the pages. Then he'll ask for another one...and another one. Yesterday he chose I, Crocodile, Hop on Pop, and Freight Train (his favorite).
I swear I could leave him in his crib for hours with a few books and he'd be in heaven (but somehow that feels like neglect).
You do have to pay some attention to what he's doing. Grady has been known to tear books apart. Freight Train is practically laminated with all the tape I've used to repair it.
We love Freight Train too - ours is a board book so luckily, the twins haven't managed to tear out pages yet.
ReplyDeleteI will check Barnes & Noble. I'm pretty sure I have seen Freight TRain in a board book.
ReplyDelete