Friday, September 2, 2011

Alphabet

Grady got this My Own Leaptop from Cat Cat a few months ago.  It might be the best toy he owns.  At first he loved pushing the buttons over and over. Then I started to notice he would repeat the sounds each letter makes after the leaptop said it.  I used to give him this in the car and I'd hear B says ba, Then I'd here a little voice say 'ba.' 


Grady has shown an increased interest in wooden puzzles.  We have a bunch I hadn't opened yet, including an alphabet puzzle.  I thought the pieces were a little small and the puzzle might be a little too difficult.  But guess what...Grady knows the alphabet.  Maybe not in the right order, but he can identify each letter.

I was amazed when he started picking up each letter and naming it.  He really likes 'W,' so most of the time "M' gets held upside down and called 'W.'  But if I flip it over, he knows it's an 'M.'  For some reason 'J' seems to give him trouble.  He calls it "imama.' (I'm not really sure what that means....ask mama maybe?)


He's asking (and pointing) for the "Y.'  Which was missing when this picture was taken.  I found it last night in the depths of the couch.


To encourage this new found skill.  Taylor purchased a second puzzle and some alphabet blocks.  This has been all Grady plays with for the past three days.  He loves his alphabet. In fact, he woke up this morning calling "alphabet, alphabet, alphabet" (so it might have sounded more like "abbabet" but I knew what he meant.) 


Now, I don't want to be one of those brags-about-their-genius-child type of moms, but this is pretty impressive for a 19 month old, right?  


No comments:

Post a Comment