Sunday, February 9, 2014

Anniversary

Last Sunday we celebrated our 6 year anniversary.  Despite the groundhogs prediction of six more weeks of winter, we ventured out on a beautiful day for some hiking and fishing.


We went to Jones Gap State Park.  We've been here before, it has a hiking path covered in rocks and bolders for little boys to jump off.


And the path follows a stream for Dad to go fly fishing in (no fish were caught this day).


Notice this little stuffed bird Grady is carrying? It was a Christmas gift to Dean from my sister-in-laws family.  Grady has adopted it as his own.  


His name is Coo-Coo Thankful.  (He's a turkey, and his given name on his tag was Thankful).  Grady had declared that he is Coo-Coo Thankful's father (and I, his grandmother).  I may have to write a separate post on this beloved bird.  He's a very interesting new addition to our family.


We didn't go on a very long hike.  We let Dean walk instead of riding in the backpack, so our pace was slow.  (Even slower than Grady, who often stops to dig holes every few steps).  It was nice to get out on an unusually warm day.  

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures. Looks like a wonderful anniversary. I can't wait until the CooCooThankful post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well. I never expected Coo Coo Thankful to have such a big name! Glad he's a hit. Happy belated anniversary. When is a cat post coming? ;-)

    ReplyDelete