Thursday, August 16, 2012

Couch Naps

Even though Grady doesn't take a nap every day, I still put him in his room for about an hour each afternoon, hoping he will fall asleep.  Some days he will, some days he wont. I can't predict it.  On days he wakes up at 6am I think he will definitely take a nap, but then he'll goof off in his room.  On the other hand, some days he will sleep until 8am and still take a nap. I've given up trying to predict naps and just give him some quiet time to look at books in his room.  If he's tired, he'll fall asleep.

That being said, just because he's not taking a nap, doesn't mean he didn't need one.  Sometime I will put an episode of Thomas (or whatever show he's obsessed with that week) on in the afternoon for Grady to watch (usually he watches his show in the morning, but sometimes it's afternoon).  The results on not taking a nap...


asleep on the couch

The other day he asked to watch a slideshow of our pictures on the TV.  He didn't last very long before the eye-lids started to droop.  Children sleep in the strangest positions.


the down side of these couch naps is they are usually pretty late in the afternoon, around 4pm, so I can't let him sleep to long.  He's always REALLY grouchy when he wakes up.  He'll just lay on the couch for 20 minutes staring into space and if I touch him he whines "go away!"  He got this behavior from his father :)





1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. We used to put on the videos as soon as Taylor got up from a nap to get us all through the grouchy period. :-) Enabled me to also cook dinner. Believe it or not, he took naps until the day he started to school. The kid loved to sleep.
    Your pictures are adorable. I think Dean is starting to look so much like Grady.

    ReplyDelete