Monday, August 8, 2011

The Tornado

My parents have been known to refer to Grady as 'The Tornado' due to his ability to undo any cleaning I've done in about 2 minutes.  I'm sure this is typical of any boy his age, but my parent raised girls, who tend to be a less destructive.  The Tornado's latest target was my silverware drawer. 

After breakfast I released The Tornado from his highchair.  He wandered around the kitchen while I headed to the computer to check google reader for the morning blog updates.  Suddenly, I heard a rustle from the kitchen and I know The Tornado has gotten into a drawer.  (We really need to put latches on the drawers.  He didn't used to be tall enough to reach inside).  He can only reach the baby spoons. I say to myself.  I'll check on him in a second.  A few minutes later I wander over to the island and find this:



The silverware drawer is supposed to look like this:



I removed all dangerous objects (vegetable peeler, cork screw, can opener) from his reach, but let him continue playing with his well earned treasure.  I'm impressed he was able to reach everything.  I guess he's taller than I thought he was.  Throughout the day The Tornado continued to distribute plastice silverwear, measuring cups and spoons around the house.  He particularly enjoyed shoving spoons into the couch cushions. 



Should I have put a stop to this behavior? Maybe...but it provided him with hours of entertainment.  Now I will have to perform my own treasure hunt to recover all these hidden objects.

2 comments:

  1. Tornado is right! The twins like the silverware drawer too, even though they know they're not supposed to get in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really impressed with what the drawer looked like before The Tornado worked on it. I would love to be so organized!

    ReplyDelete